阿妮妞 Publish time 11-5-2021 16:04:06

Is the knowledge of PMP out of date now?

I have also considered whether the PMP is practical and out of date. Can the knowledge of PMP only be applied in traditional industries? Is it suitable for project management in the field of Internet?
First of all, what is PMP?
PMP (project management professional) refers to the qualification certification of project management professionals (personnel). The project management professional (PMP) certification examination held by PMI has been promoted in more than 190 countries and regions around the world. It is the most valuable certification in the field of project management.
——Baidu Encyclopedia
Pass the exam and get PMP. The content of the test is PMBOK.
PMBOK is the abbreviation of project management body of knowledge, that is, project management knowledge system. It is a general description of the knowledge, skills and tools required for project management by PMI.
——Baidu Encyclopedia
From my personal learning experience, the knowledge of PMP is not out of date, it is very practical, and it is very helpful for my own project management.
PMP teaches the basic knowledge of single project management. In other words, a project from the beginning to the end of the most basic management methodology. Learning its knowledge can build a knowledge system of project management. Among them, WBS and communication management in PMP are very practical in work.
In addition, some friends may be concerned about whether the PMP contains the knowledge of agile development and waterfall development. I personally feel that PMP intends to shelve the concepts of agile development and waterfall development and summarize them as different project life cycles. PMP can be applied to the basic methods of different project life cycle, which contributes to the success of the project.
Therefore, it can be understood that PMP is the 99 multiplication table of project management, which can effectively help to improve the operation speed. Therefore, the knowledge of PMP is basic and universal, which is helpful to build the knowledge and ability of project management. As long as it is in the field of project management, this knowledge is applicable. Moreover, the knowledge of PMP is constantly revised and updated.
Similarly, because the knowledge of PMP is basic and universal, its content will be more abstract and obscure. Not as vivid and interesting as agile development knowledge.
Knowledge of PMP, such as dictionary and index of project management. In practice, we can find the corresponding solutions through its guidance.

Pages: [1]
View full version: Is the knowledge of PMP out of date now?